The For Purpose Impact Accelerator Hub by Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation is a new space in the CBD opposite the Queen Victoria Market and within Melbourne’s Innovation precinct where for purpose (not for profit) organisations will come together to make great things happen. As a Foundation, we are tackling big issues such as climate change, affordable housing and jobs in social enterprises. We want a strong charitable and philanthropic sector. We know that solutions to the tough issues we face as a community will come from collaborating across silos and across sectors. We are looking forward to bringing leaders and organisations together to enhance innovation and collaboration.
We are looking for more for purpose organisations to join the Hub as longer term participants (annual desk licences). The links below will take you to desk licence expressions of interest form, hot desk expression of interest form, and site visit requests. We are especially keen to work with people working on our climate transition (sustainable food systems, energy efficient and climate safe housing and more), community climate resilience, affordable housing supply, work integrated social enterprises, jobs in the next economy, and a strong charitable sector that is ready to respond to climate change, economic challenges, disasters and other challenges.
The Hub brings together the Foundation’s office, Good Cycles’ office, an Incubator space, a shared office space (long-term desks (annual desk licence) and hot desks), a Boardroom and a Collaboration space. This will create formal and informal opportunities for purpose leaders and program managers to get together. Other key organisations that you will find at the Hub include InfoXchange’s NFP Digital Transformation Hub, social enterprises, Newsboys Foundation and emerging organisations working on community resilience to climate change including The Melbourne Heat Alliance and the Community Connector for Resilience. This is just the beginning!
David Spriggs, CEO - Infoxchange, with Dr Catherine Brown OAM,
CEO - Lord Mayor's Charitable Foundation, on a site visit at the
For Purpose Impact Accelerator Hub.
This page contains information about how you can get involved by expressing interest in taking a desk licence, accessing a hot desk, booking the Collaboration Space (bookings will open in early October), as well as a flythrough video and insights from our wonderful fitout architects, Six Degrees. Six Degrees is recognised for their commitment to sustainability and welcoming design. It has been great to work with them, our Project Managers (Tierney Property Services) and our builders Pirotta Construction.
We look forward to welcoming you to the Hub. Melbourne has a great tradition of charity and philanthropy leadership and of innovation. Let’s take that even further!
Dr Catherine Brown OAM
Chief Executive Officer
- High performance glazing to façade
- Perforated shading screen for thermal and visual comfort.
- Onsite PV electricity generation with a total output of 49.8kW to hub levels.
- Greenstar Design & As-built (V1.2) 5 star and WELL Gold standard to base building.
- Cyclist end-of-trip facility to promote sustainable transport.
- Environmentally conscious internal finishes (locally sourced, high recycled content, low VOC, sustainably sourced timber)
- Repurposing of used furniture to reduce landfill waste.
- Water and energy efficient sanitary fixtures and fittings to amenities.
- Open plan workspace to promote collaboration and mentorship between NFP companies, start-ups and Lord Mayor's Charitable Foundation.
- Natural materials such as timber and sisal to give warmth to the space.
- Flexible workspace with a variety of table setups, meeting space and workshop areas.
- Hard wearing materials for durability, ease of maintenance and longer lifespan.
- Acoustically treated, open ceiling to allow for future modifications to suit the use and needs of the space.
- Views outwards and natural light maximized through glazed partitions and operable curtains.
Expression of Interest Forms
Desks in Workspaces 1, 2, or 3, as indicated on the For Purpose Impact Accelerator Floor Plan
, are available.
For Purpose Impact Accelerator Hub Enquiries
Hub and LMCF Operations Coordinator
Email or phone 0423 716 740
Please contact Rashelle to arrange a site visit.