Melburnians can share insights and ...
Daniel Leighton’s service as ...
Image Supplied by Alternative Techn...
The Lord Mayor’s Charitable Foundation’s granting program is reviewed annually (including dates) – please ensure you read the grantmaking principles and guidelines carefully.
The Foundation aims to increase life opportunities and promote social inclusion with our community through a combination of grants, research, partnerships, community engagement and social investment. We are committed to measuring our impact on the issues that we have prioritised.
Please note that to be eligible to apply for a grant organisations must be able to demonstrate that their application aligns with one or more of the categories within the Impact Area they are applying under. Impact Areas are community issues, which the Foundation regards as a priority.
Please note that across the first two of Impact Areas the Foundation has a specific focus on two age groups: Youth (8-28 years) and Older Australians (55 years and older). When applying for a grant under the Education & Employment; or Healthy & Cohesive Communities Impact Areas, organisations must ensure that their project is working with one or both of these two groups. The Foundation also applies a gender lens and a cultural diversity lens to its granting program.
The Foundation’s Impact Areas are:
Education & Employment
Program Manager: Alick Weber
- Supporting workforce access and participation
- Supporting access to education and learning
Healthy & Cohesive Communities
Program Manager: Harriet McCallum
- Building age friendly communities and supporting ageing well
- Supporting communities to build resilience in the face of climate change
- Supporting social participation that strengthens social cohesion
Homelessness & Affordable Housing
Program Manager: Kerryn Jones
- Early intervention to prevent homelessness
- Increasing the supply of affordable housing
Program Manager: Daniel Pediaditis
- Supporting the transition to a low carbon economy
- Building a sustainable food system
- Protecting healthy water ecosystems