Climate change, extreme weather events and social and economic impacts are leading to increased complexity, instability, and uncertainty in lives across the globe. By working together, combining our strengths, and supporting community-led resilience, communities can build the resources and expertise needed for a healthy and sustainable future here in our city of Melbourne and across Australia.
The Community Connector for Resilience works to support communities by connecting diverse people and organisations focused on building disaster and climate change resilience to enable sharing knowledge and learning.
Maybe you want to:
- find and connect with others working in their communities to strengthen community disaster or climate resilience
- explore what programs and information is available if you want to develop a climate resilience or transition plan
- find out what programs and information regarding preparing for heatwaves, fires, floods, or other hazards
- learn from others about where to start in helping your community develop an emergency plan such as for fires, heatwaves, floods or other disasters, or a climate resilience plan
- be inspired by what other organisations are doing in working with their communities on climate resilience
- just find out what others mean by ‘climate resilience’
The Community Connector for Resilience will help to connect you with people and resources that can help.